Is Bannon Fifth-Columning the Pope?
Frank Cocozzelli printable version print page     Bookmark and Share
Mon Feb 27, 2017 at 03:11:21 PM EST
In December 2016 I wrote about how White House chief strategist Steve Bannon, who likes to flash his Catholic credentials when it comes to economics, displays no interest in actual Catholic teachings on economics. Perhaps that his because his position is at odds with that of Pope Francis, and as recent news reports suggest, he may also have joined forces with Vatican opponents of the Pope's emphasis on refugees, tolerance, and spiritually.
On February 7, 2017 The New York Times published an article that suggests "Steve Bannon Carries Battles to Another Influential Hub: The Vatican." The story outlined how Bannon appears to be now engaging in a Fifth Column action within the Vatican in support of ultra-traditionalist forces who are unhappy with the Pope's social justice message. These forces take issue with Francis's more tolerant tone towards Syrian refugees, his call for economic fairness and his pro-environmental stances, particularly when it comes to climate change.

This reactionary "Shadow Church" features some familiar names.  First and foremost is the former Archbishop of St. Louis, Missouri, Cardinal Raymond Burke. And there is strong circumstantial evidence that the shadow church may include The Dignitatis Humanae Institute (Institute for Human Dignity); a Catholic lay organization led by Benjamin Harnwell, whom The Times describes as "a confidant of Cardinal Burke." Indeed, it was Harnwell who introduced Bannon to Burke.

The Times reported that Harnwell invited Bannon to speak before the Institute's summer 2014 conference on poverty. Bannon, then-the editor of Breitbart News (not long before he joined the Trump presidential campaign), used the occasion to launch into a rallying call to culture war replete with broad allusions to what he believed is a coming clash of civilizations between the Christian West and Islam:

And we're at the very beginning stages of a very brutal and bloody conflict, of which if the people in this room, the people in the church, do not bind together and really form what I feel is an aspect of the church militant, to really be able to not just stand with our beliefs, but to fight for our beliefs against this new barbarity that's starting, that will completely eradicate everything that we've been bequeathed over the last 2,000, 2,500 years.

Cardinal Burke is also on the record stating his belief that Christianity and Islam are incompatible.

I think that in order to understand what may going on here we need to be aware of the idea of Fourth Generational Warfare (4GW for short). It is a term and a set of ideas that are likely to start getting more attention. What may look like a reign of confusion emanating from Bannon's perch in the White House is more likely a well-thought-out strategy. You might say there may be a method to the madness -- designed to "overwhelm, disorient and disrupt" progressives, moderates and even some centrist conservatives.   The more confusion that is sown, the better.

And it is not too difficult to understand why Pope Francis would be a target . It is all-too-common for Catholics such as Bannon who have no true grasp of Catholic social justice teachings to confuse Marxism with the Church's economic teachings. As sociologist Dr. James Scaminaci noted:

A sub-component of 4GW is William Lind's conspiracy theory of the internal war for supremacy between what he called "cultural Marxists" and their ideology of "Political Correctness" or "multiculturalism" and the "traditional American culture" or "Judeo-Christian culture."  Lind argued that "cultural Marxists" hate America's "Judeo-Christian culture" and were seeking to destroy it.  The losers were to be rich, white, conservative, Christian, heterosexual men.

Nevertheless, some have pooh-poohed the idea of a possible "rad-trad" alliance against Pope Francis. However, as one article from NPR has pointed out, Breitbart News has made it quite clear where they come down in the battle between Pope Francis and the clique of radical traditionalists:

A year ago, Francis criticized candidate Donald Trump for wanting to build a wall along the border with Mexico, saying, "A person who thinks only about building walls ... and not building bridges is not Christian."

But that's not Bannon's worldview. While most Breitbart reports on the pope have been neutral, headlines about the pope when Bannon was in charge included:

▪   "Seven Ways Pope Francis Slapped Conservatives in the United States"

▪   "A Vatican Expert: Pope Francis a 'Friend of Islam'"

▪   "Pope Francis Slams Capitalism, Death Penalty, Immigration Law; No Real Mention of Abortion, Gay Marriage"

▪   "Pope Francis Threatens Legacy of Pope John Paul II, Ronald Reagan"

Perhaps Charles Pierce put it best.  Writing in Esquire :

This isn't just a matter of the cafeteria having a few new and unfamiliar faces in the buffet line. This is dragging elements of the Church into alliances with white supremacists all over the world, lining up parts of the Church with the likes of Marine Le Pen in France. This is entering into an alliance with forces so completely contrary to the Church's stated mission that they might as well give Cardinal Burke an army and let him march against the Languedoc.

It may well turn out that Bannon is less of a racist at all -- but something worse; a political opportunist.  The presidential advisor is playing a dangerous game using previously marginalized political movements in order to advance his own agenda -- with possibly unintended but entirely foreseeable consequences.

From The Washington Post:

This Vatican operation, called Dignitatis Humanae, or the Institute for Human Dignity, whose advisory board includes two of the four cardinals openly challenging Francis on marriage and sexuality, is slavishly promoting Burke's favorite American white Catholic nationalist, Bannon, with star billing on its home page. The institute's top office-bearers, Burke and his henchman, the media-savvy Breitbart contributor Benjamin Harnwell, are also encouraging Benito Mussolini fan Matteo Salvini, of Italy's Northern League, and Muslim-baiting far-right Catholic poster girl Marion Le Pen, the National Front "rising star" niece of party leader Marine Le Pen in France.

As the Italian press first revealed, Burke held a long meeting last week at his Vatican home with Salvini, a fierce critic of the pope who wants to push refugees back into the sea and close all mosques in Italy. It was a flagrant political intervention on the side of the extreme-right racist grouping ahead of the Italian elections. Mysterious posters also appeared around the Vatican decrying a sinister-looking pope's "decapitation" of the Malta Knights order.

by Frank Cocozzelli on Mon Feb 27, 2017 at 03:21:47 PM EST
It was a flagrant political intervention on the side of the extreme-right racist grouping ahead of the Italian elections. Colorado ATV

by ianpundt on Wed Feb 26, 2020 at 03:01:51 AM EST
I really loved reading your blog. It was very well authored and easy to undertand. Unlike additional blogs I have read which are really not tht good. I also found your posts very interesting. In fact after reading, I had to go show it to my friend and he ejoyed it as well!
máy lọc nước kangen giá

by shaka22 on Thu Jun 11, 2020 at 01:04:09 AM EST
An fascinating discussion is value comment. I think that it is best to write extra on this matter, it won't be a taboo topic however generally people are not enough to talk on such topics. To the next. Cheers
click this over here now

by shaka22 on Sun Jun 14, 2020 at 04:33:41 AM EST
Just admiring your work and wondering how you managed this blog so well. It's so remarkable that I can't afford to not go through this valuable information whenever I surf the internet!
click here for info

by merpessentials on Mon Jun 29, 2020 at 06:51:21 AM EST

The writer who criticized Burke's meeting with Salvini had a lot of shade thrown at her in the article's comment section, but she was right to be critical of Burke's meeting. Burke's association with Bannon is really disturbing, and it makes me think something sneaky is going on. I wonder how Burke deals with Bannon's three divorces, as Burke was very critical of the thought that the Pope might ease up on the divorce, remarriage and communion issue. I have to wonder if there is anything sacred that these opportunists won't ruin?

In related news, the Detroit Free Press did an article with an interview of Michael Voris and his Church Militant TV. Voris looks at Trump the same way that the Religious Right does, as a flawed vessel that they can use to achieve their own ends. With that mindset, American Catholicism is in big trouble.

by khughes1963 on Mon Feb 27, 2017 at 04:41:38 PM EST

I completely agree to this, thanks for sharing this information
washing machine service

by ianpundt on Wed Mar 04, 2020 at 12:23:43 AM EST

Interesting comment. Book of mormon artifacts found

by loganm on Sat Mar 07, 2020 at 07:10:34 PM EST
I am hoping the same best effort from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing skills has inspired me. Zahnarzt Bern

by johncity on Sat Mar 14, 2020 at 01:41:20 AM EST
I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. http://www.e-beads.co.uk

by johncity on Thu Mar 19, 2020 at 02:06:41 AM EST
I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. https://xosovui.net/xsmb

by johncity on Sat Apr 11, 2020 at 06:57:22 AM EST
This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! keep up the good work mundschutz

by johncity on Tue Jun 02, 2020 at 01:28:34 AM EST
I think this is one of the most significant information for me. And i'm glad reading your article. But should remark on some general things, The web site style is perfect, the articles is really great : D. Good job, cheers
máy Kangen

by shaka22 on Thu Jun 11, 2020 at 02:42:21 PM EST
Thank you so much for sharing this great blog.Very inspiring and helpful too.Hope you continue to share more of your ideas.I will definitely love to read.
i loved this

by shaka22 on Sun Jun 28, 2020 at 08:09:00 AM EST

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog, I will keep visiting this blog very often. send bulk sms cyprus

by johncity on Thu May 21, 2020 at 12:43:12 PM EST
Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly that love and read more on this topic. If possible, such as gain knowledge, would you mind updating your blog with additional information? It is very useful for me. Governance Risk Compliance tool

by johncity on Fri May 29, 2020 at 10:15:31 AM EST

Thank you for some other informative website. The place else may just I get that kind of information written in such a perfect method? I have a venture that I am simply now running on, and I've been at the glance out for such info. gdpr

by johncity on Fri May 22, 2020 at 12:58:16 PM EST

He is well spoken, or at least sounds that way. I caught a speech by him and it was on Geo-political economics. He should not be under estimated. He has told us that he is following Lenin's means to bring down opponents and wants to remove the present polity. I just wonder what he considered a good replacement?

Maybe this is why Trump is burning bridges with long time allies like the UK and Australia. But it seems counter to what the American Empire would want in the long run.

by Nightgaunt on Sun Mar 19, 2017 at 09:17:03 PM EST

I completely agree. wedding photography

by DavidaBobida on Mon Feb 17, 2020 at 06:01:26 PM EST
Same here! click here

by DavidaBobida on Fri Feb 21, 2020 at 01:02:29 AM EST
Nice to read your article! I am looking forward to sharing your adventures and experiences. Rèm cửa kính văn phòng

by johncity on Sun Apr 05, 2020 at 07:21:24 AM EST

Yep thats definitely right http://www.qldwashers.com.au/

by ianpundt on Wed Feb 26, 2020 at 09:43:37 PM EST

Thanks for posting this dude, really appreciate it! Boom Gates Melbourne

by ianpundt on Fri Feb 28, 2020 at 10:25:11 PM EST
I found that site very usefull and this survey is very cirious, I ' ve never seen a blog that demand a survey for this actions, very curious... gesichtmaske

by johncity on Mon Jun 01, 2020 at 08:35:49 AM EST

Totally agree! This is a great viewpoint to look from. Thank you. -John at dtx landscaping

by johnsmith12 on Sun Mar 29, 2020 at 07:26:50 PM EST

Great site and a great topic as well I really get amazed to read this. It's really good. Captain America The Winter Soldier Real Leather Jacket

by Simon Kattey on Wed Jan 17, 2018 at 05:20:43 AM EST

honda pemalang
honda mobil pemalang
harga mobil honda pemalang
dealer honda pemalang
honda pekalongan
dealer honda pekalongan
dealer mobil honda di pekalongan
honda pekalongan motor
no telepon dealer honda pekalongan
honda mobil pekalongan

nasmoco magelang
dealer nasmoco magelang
dealer toyota magelang
toyota nasmoco magelang
alamat nasmoco magelang
sales toyota magelang
harga mobil toyota di magelang
nasmoco temanggung
toyota nasmoco temanggung
dealer toyota temanggung
alamat nasmoco temanggung
harga mobil toyota temanggung
sales toyota temanggung
nasmoco purworejo
toyota nasmoco purworejo
dealer toyota purworejo
alamat nasmoco purworejo
sales nasmoco purworejo
nasmoco kebumen
dealer toyota kebumen
dealer mobil toyota di kebumen
alamat nasmoco kebumen
marketing toyota kebumen
promo toyota kebumen

tour travel purwokerto
biro wisata purwokerto
tour and travel purwokerto
biro perjalanan purwokerto
agen tour purwokerto
paket tour purwokerto
paket wisata baturaden purwokerto
harga paket wisata baturaden purwokerto
tour pendakian purwokerto
paket tour dieng 2018
paket wisata dieng 2 hari 1 malam
paket wisata dieng 3 hari 2 malam
paket wisata dieng backpacker
harga paket wisata dieng

by batangkluntang on Sat Jul 21, 2018 at 01:14:58 AM EST

I love all the posts, I really enjoyed, I would like more information about this, because it is very nice., Thanks for sharing.

Geometry Dash

by alicetaylor on Tue Feb 19, 2019 at 09:20:46 PM EST

I love the way you write and share your niche! Very interesting and different! Keep it coming! mobile legend bang bang

by alvinrr on Fri Apr 26, 2019 at 11:36:34 PM EST

Consider yourself fortunate to have acquired such a collection of confidential info from them. But this article is lacking more in depth analysis which would have made more sense. click here

by joshuaprice153 on Fri May 03, 2019 at 12:22:30 AM EST

Albertsons is a Retail/Grocery type of company where its roots are established in the United States of America. The headquarters of Albertsons is in Boise, Idaho, U.S. www.searsfeedback.com | www.albertsonssurvey.com | survey.walmart.com

by tivukiz on Sun Jun 23, 2019 at 04:48:17 AM EST

This is utterly surprising; why aren't we paying more attention to this thing? parabot

by patsm00re18 on Sun Jul 21, 2019 at 10:59:25 PM EST

Hmm! seems like we share the same point of view.  Cuckoo Carpet Cleaning

by casseverhart13 on Mon Jul 29, 2019 at 07:50:17 AM EST

I caught a speech by him and it was on Geo-political economics. He should not be under estimated. He has told us that he is following Lenin's means to bring down opponents and wants to remove the present polity. krogerfeedback.com

by Christopher3 on Mon Aug 12, 2019 at 11:50:06 PM EST

My friends from restaurant grease trap pumping new york were interested in reading articles from this site. They discuss important issues.

by karagin13 on Wed Oct 02, 2019 at 12:22:28 PM EST

I just would like to remind everybody that there is a division between state and religion. https://healthybodyhealthymind.com

by gregwhite174854 on Wed Oct 09, 2019 at 09:05:10 AM EST

This is a piece of interesting information to talk about. Glad to see this.
concrete contractors

by Jon889 on Tue Oct 15, 2019 at 12:19:46 PM EST
Consider yourself fortunate to have acquired such a collection of confidential info from them. But this article is lacking more in depth analysis which would have made more sense. Car Cleaner Perth

by ianpundt on Wed Mar 25, 2020 at 12:52:09 AM EST
Very useful post. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. Really its great article. Keep it up. mua tai nghe game thủ

by johncity on Mon May 18, 2020 at 02:48:13 AM EST

another great piece of user content ... https://www.carpetcleaningfairfaxva.com/

by bizz888 on Sat Oct 26, 2019 at 07:49:07 PM EST

Recommended this article to my best friend's colleagues at septic tank pumping jacksonville fl and they liked the website!

by karagin13 on Tue Oct 29, 2019 at 09:11:20 AM EST

great post. I like it. feeling great when reading your post. Thank you. tree planting norristown pa

by Jacob on Wed Nov 06, 2019 at 10:37:35 PM EST

Came back to say i love this post, keep it up.

by DavidaBobida on Tue Nov 12, 2019 at 12:26:11 AM EST

Nice post!
What happen to "Separation of Church and State"?
Thanks for posting this article anyway! Shed Builder Springfield VA

by JohnDave on Tue Nov 26, 2019 at 09:53:38 AM EST
This is what happened! In some countries, priest retire and run for public office. Other politicians asked for church blessing making them a "good public figure." The church though is exempted in paying taxes. Mike - Tysons towing company & auto repair Philadelphia PA

by Mike888 on Wed Dec 11, 2019 at 12:49:52 PM EST
This was a really great contest and hopefully I can attend the next one. It was alot of fun and I really enjoyed myself.. Zahnärztin Luzern

by johncity on Mon Mar 16, 2020 at 08:15:44 AM EST
I admit, I have not been on this web page in a long time... however it was another joy to see It is such an important topic and ignored by so many, even professionals. professionals. I thank you to help making people more aware of possible issues. Zahnarzt Zürich

by johncity on Sun Apr 12, 2020 at 08:15:03 AM EST

nice
taxation services Kent

by JackyJackson on Fri Feb 14, 2020 at 10:16:37 AM EST

onpagetricks.com

by Hamelton on Wed Feb 19, 2020 at 06:29:31 AM EST

Thank you for sharing your ideasBig Tits Do Sports

by Hamelton on Wed Feb 19, 2020 at 06:30:28 AM EST

Great article with excellent idea!Thank you for such a valuable article. I really appreciate for this great information..

spinal decompression

by meryllinker on Fri Feb 21, 2020 at 12:13:26 AM EST

Be completely knowledgeable about what is taking place around you Cuckold ! Look out whatsoever times! Find out to claim NO! Do not simply succumb to what your fans are asking you to do!

by SkullCrusher on Wed Mar 11, 2020 at 02:37:20 AM EST

I want to take a moment to thank you for this informative post. Check our site if you have a moment.

by brunohalle on Thu Mar 26, 2020 at 03:29:06 PM EST

Although I usually don't get involved in politics, it is nice to see different perspectives. Thanks for sharing. -John

by johnsmith12 on Sun Mar 29, 2020 at 07:21:38 PM EST

Well, this is really interesting because above all, Francis still persevered, relying on his immediate popularity and innate charm, and soon the outside world began to look at the Catholic Church in a new, positive light under his guidance. Suddenly, it it was cool to be Catholic. Well, while reading this, why not go to this one Carpet Cleaning Bismiarck. We care for your carpet and you are in good hands.

by abcdefgh12345 ABCDE on Tue Apr 07, 2020 at 01:25:45 AM EST

Thanks for sharing! residential roofing

by Kadams1234 on Fri Apr 24, 2020 at 01:00:24 PM EST

I'm glad that there are people who still care more about cultural development and education tutuapp

by AlexPozi on Mon May 04, 2020 at 08:50:15 AM EST

Glad to go to your post, i'm apparently forward to an ever increasing number of trustworthy articles and that I figure we tend to as a full might want to pass on such Brobdingnagian quantities of amazing Hostgator 75% off Coupon Code articles, present like on essential to us.

by josef304 on Fri May 08, 2020 at 12:11:01 PM EST

We still cannot quite assume that I was able to often be one staring at the important points available on your blog post. My in laws and that i are sincerely thankful to your generosity and then for giving me possibility pursue our chosen profession  path.

by mjust on Sun May 17, 2020 at 12:58:38 AM EST

This is my first time I visit here. I found such a large number of engaging stuff your blog, particularly its exchange. From the huge amounts of remarks on your articles, I surmise I am by all account not the only one having all the relaxation here! Keep doing awesome. I have been importance to compose something like this Udemy Coupons on my site and you have given me a thought.

by josef305 on Mon May 18, 2020 at 10:06:55 AM EST

Moissanite has properties very close to diamonds. Moissanite scores 9.25 on the Mohs Scale of Hardness. ... Sparkle wise, moissanite has an even higher refractive index than diamonds, so it's even sparklier than a diamond. But it has more of a rainbow sparkle, whereas diamonds has both white and rainbow
moissanite vs diamond

by Hamelton on Sat May 23, 2020 at 02:57:45 AM EST

I got really good information from this content. Thanks for sharing. PrepaidCardStatus Activation

by stidneci on Wed May 27, 2020 at 01:22:49 AM EST

Once your individual info and credit scores card number are submitted, the solution will certainly be available for use. https://g.co/kgs/ftgXVW

by Hamelton on Sat Jun 13, 2020 at 02:59:51 AM EST

by Hamelton on Sat Jun 13, 2020 at 03:02:51 AM EST

Much esteemed. Quality presents are vital on welcome the guests t visit the site page, that is the thing that this site page is giving. Dubai Call Girls

by sumanrajput on Wed Jun 17, 2020 at 05:04:08 AM EST

Sewa Mobil Elf Jepara

by rentalmobiltour on Sun Jun 21, 2020 at 10:09:11 AM EST

Throughout the years, I've found out some pointers that aid alleviates the packaging discomfort. Corrugated Box Manufacturer

by Hamelton on Fri Jun 26, 2020 at 07:57:59 AM EST

First, it's one of the best-designed IPTV applications for Android. It is much less appropriate to the bigger displays of Android TV, nevertheless. CCcam

by Hamelton on Mon Jun 29, 2020 at 02:45:03 AM EST

In neighborhoods where hardship and also appetite are high, consuming stuck aquatic animals-or, those mistakenly arrested by angling gear-has also caused brand-new angling procedures that target those animals. Supplements To Heal Leaky Gut Fast Supplements

by Hamelton on Tue Jun 30, 2020 at 04:56:35 AM EST

A lot of us were hoping to be able to play with it this past year although the name wasn't officially declared for 2019.
Ghost of Tsushima Wiki

by Hamelton on Thu Jul 02, 2020 at 03:15:46 AM EST

Before you purchase anything and go ahead, make sure you read up on the way to put on a t-shirt that is graphic like a grownup. landcruiser hoodie

by Hamelton on Fri Jul 03, 2020 at 07:25:01 AM EST

The strategy will plainly specify advertising and marketing as well as marketing techniques. Each proposition to give Creative delaware lottery results

by Hamelton on Fri Jul 03, 2020 at 09:05:31 AM EST

Cognitive Dissonance & Dominionism Denial
There is new research on why people are averse to hearing or learning about the views of ideological opponents. Based on evaluation of five......
Will the Air Force Do Anything To Rein In Its Dynamic Duo of Gay-Bashing, Misogynistic Bloggers?
"I always get nervous when I see female pastors/chaplains. Here is why everyone should as well: "First, women are not called to be pastors,......
By Chris Rodda (83 comments)
The Legacy of Big Oil
The media is ablaze with the upcoming publication of David Grann's book, Killers of the Flower Moon. The shocking non fiction account of the......
Gimme That Old Time Dominionism Denial
Over the years, I have written a great deal here and in other venues about the explicitly theocratic movement called dominionism -- which has......
History Advisor to Members of Congress Completely Twists Jefferson's Words to Support Muslim Ban
Pseudo-historian David Barton, best known for his misquoting of our country's founders to promote the notion that America was founded as a Christian nation,......
By Chris Rodda (57 comments)
"Christian Fighter Pilot" Calls First Lesbian Air Force Academy Commandant a Liar
In a new post on his "Christian Fighter Pilot" blog titled "BGen Kristin Goodwin and the USAFA Honor Code," Air Force Lieutenant Colonel Jonathan......
By Chris Rodda (76 comments)
Catholic Right Leader Unapologetic about Call for 'Death to Liberal Professors' -- UPDATED
Today, Donald Trump appointed C-FAM Executive Vice President Lisa Correnti to the US Delegation To UN Commission On Status Of Women. (C-FAM is a......
Controlling Information
     Yesterday I listened to Russ Limbaugh.  Rush advised listeners it would be best that they not listen to CNN,MSNBC, ABC, CBS and......
Is Bannon Fifth-Columning the Pope?
Ross Douthat's Hackery on the Seemingly Incongruous Alliance of Bannon & Burke
Conservative Catholic writer Ross Douthat has dissembled again. This time, in a February 15, 2017 New York Times op-ed titled The Trump Era's Catholic......
`So-Called Patriots' Attack The Rule Of Law
Every so often, right-wing commentator Pat Buchanan lurches out of the far-right fever swamp where he has resided for the past 50 years to......
Bad Faith from Focus on the Family
Here is one from the archives, Feb 12, 2011, that serves as a reminder of how deeply disingenuous people can be. Appeals to seek......
The Legacy of George Wallace
"One need not accept any of those views to agree that they had appealed to real concerns of real people, not to mindless, unreasoning......
Betsy DeVos's Mudsill View of Public Education
My Talk to Action colleague Rachel Tabachnick has been doing yeoman's work in explaining Betsy DeVos's long-term strategy for decimating universal public education. If......
Prince and DeVos Families at Intersection of Radical Free Market Privatizers and Religious Right
This post from 2011 surfaces important information about President-Elect Trump's nominee for Secretary of Education, Betsy DeVos. -- FC Erik Prince, Brother of Betsy......
By Rachel Tabachnick (105 comments)

Respect for Others? or Political Correctness?
The term "political correctness" as used by Conservatives and Republicans has often puzzled me: what exactly do they mean by it? After reading Chip Berlin's piece here-- http://www.talk2action.org/story/2016/7/21/04356/9417 I thought about what he explained......
MTOLincoln (145 comments)
Fear
What I'm feeling now is fear.  I swear that it seems my nightmares are coming true with this new "president".  I'm also frustrated because so many people are not connecting all the dots! I've......
ArchaeoBob (50 comments)
"America - love it or LEAVE!"
I've been hearing that and similar sentiments fairly frequently in the last few days - far FAR more often than ever before.  Hearing about "consequences for burning the flag (actions) from Trump is chilling!......
ArchaeoBob (67 comments)
"Faked!" Meme
Keep your eyes and ears open for a possible move to try to discredit the people openly opposing Trump and the bigots, especially people who have experienced terrorism from the "Right"  (Christian Terrorism is......
ArchaeoBob (86 comments)
More aggressive proselytizing
My wife told me today of an experience she had this last week, where she was proselytized by a McDonald's employee while in the store. ......
ArchaeoBob (79 comments)
See if you recognize names on this list
This comes from the local newspaper, which was conservative before and took a hard right turn after it was sold. Hint: Sarah Palin's name is on it!  (It's also connected to Trump.) ......
ArchaeoBob (94 comments)
Unions: A Labor Day Discussion
This is a revision of an article which I posted on my personal board and also on Dailykos. I had an interesting discussion on a discussion board concerning Unions. I tried to piece it......
Xulon (90 comments)
Extremely obnoxious protesters at WitchsFest NYC: connected to NAR?
In July of this year, some extremely loud, obnoxious Christian-identified protesters showed up at WitchsFest, an annual Pagan street fair here in NYC.  Here's an account of the protest by Pagan writer Heather Greene......
Diane Vera (50 comments)
Capitalism and the Attack on the Imago Dei
I joined this site today, having been linked here by Crooksandliars' Blog Roundup. I thought I'd put up something I put up previously on my Wordpress blog and also at the DailyKos. As will......
Xulon (68 comments)
History of attitudes towards poverty and the churches.
Jesus is said to have stated that "The Poor will always be with you" and some Christians have used that to refuse to try to help the poor, because "they will always be with......
ArchaeoBob (59 comments)
Alternate economy medical treatment
Dogemperor wrote several times about the alternate economy structure that dominionists have built.  Well, it's actually made the news.  Pretty good article, although it doesn't get into how bad people could be (have been)......
ArchaeoBob (44 comments)
Evidence violence is more common than believed
Think I've been making things up about experiencing Christian Terrorism or exaggerating, or that it was an isolated incident?  I suggest you read this article (linked below in body), which is about our great......
ArchaeoBob (76 comments)
Central Florida Sheriff Preached Sermon in Uniform
If anyone has been following the craziness in Polk County Florida, they know that some really strange and troubling things have happened here.  We've had multiple separation of church and state lawsuits going at......
ArchaeoBob (48 comments)
Demon Mammon?
An anthropologist from outer space might be forgiven for concluding that the god of this world is Mammon. (Or, rather, The Market, as depicted by John McMurtry in his book The Cancer Stage of......
daerie (67 comments)
Anti-Sharia Fever in Texas: This is How It Starts
The mayor of a mid-size Texan city has emerged in recent months as the newest face of Islamophobia. Aligning herself with extremists hostile to Islam, Mayor Beth Van Duyne of Irving, Texas has helped......
JSanford (51 comments)

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective companies. Comments, posts, stories, and all other content are owned by the authors. Everything else © 2005 Talk to Action, LLC.